The TODDLERS Program will focus on:
Physical Development – Exploring their world through movement, balance, and fine-motor skills by:
• improving balance and eye-hand coordination.
• becoming more comfortable with motion, increasing speed, and coordination.
• manipulating small objects with increased control.
Social and Emotional Development- Mastering self-awareness and self-regulation by:
• becoming more aware of themselves and their ability to make things happen.
• expressing various emotions and initiating interaction with other people.
• enjoying parallel play and engaging in solitary activities near other children.
Thinking Skills-Forming age appropriate complex ideas, awareness of their surroundings and gathering and organizing knowledge about their world by:
• exploring on their own.
• responding to simple directions.
• grouping objects by category.
• relating what they are doing to others.
• observing and imitating more complex adult actions.
Language Development- Growing into expressive communicators, lively inventors, and tellers of stories by:
• learning many new words and beginning to use simple phrases.
• understanding language and speaking more rapidly.
• enjoying listening to stories and asking for their favorite stories.
The daily activities for the TODDLER program include:
• Routine Care: meals, potty training and hand washing, and napping
• Music and Movement
• Outdoor Play
• Imaginative Play
• Math and Literacy Centers
• Reading and Math Vocabulary Enrichment
• Majestic Story Time
• Fine and Gross Motor Fun
• Spanish Immersion
• Sensory Book Discovery
• Block Exploration
• Science Centers
(Visit the campus for a more detailed daily schedule)