The UKIDS After-School Workshop
We provide care for ages five to twelve years old before or after school. Providing a safe and interactive environment is our highest priority. The program encompasses a rich academic component, healthy and active play, essential life skill curriculum, and healthy snacks.
Scholars work in learning pods and collaboratively participate in the following:
• Each scholar has assistance with homework ensuring that it is complete and done correctly.
• A daily homework log is used to track each scholar’s homework progress.
• After completing their homework scholars read for 15 minutes and complete their reading log.
• All scholars enjoy outdoor free play.
• Scholars have access to Karate and Yoga classes.
Special Workshop Courses
The scholars will rotate weekly through the following classes:
• Science Discovery-hands on experiments and activities
• Cooking 101-preparing simple and delicious meals
• Arts and Crafts-fun and creative projects
• Tech Club-interactive computer learning games
• Character Counts-character development classes